Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Vacation Through Lamoreaux Reunion

 We were at my parents' home for 2 weeks due to the unexpected change in plans (the mechanic had to come to Raton to pick up the car and return in to TX, and my Dad drove overnight from CA to pick us up and turn right around).  #4 LOVES riding bikes, but there wasn't one his size...
 #4 action shot
 #5 loved hanging with Pops--cleaning the backyard, watching TV, everything!
 So many hours of swim time (#2 with cousins) and even many hours of MOM playing tag.  Talk about feeling my age!!
 Pops throwing #5
 #2 (who never stops flexing!)
 100s of slides through an innertube.  #3 wouldn't slide until the very last day.  He then held on to the top bars and lowered himself down as far as he could, gathering his courage to let go.  After two slides managed that way, we heard him tell himself, "Well, I didn't die, so I guess I'll try it sitting up."
 Quynh took us to a science museum in San Francisco.
 Including a butterfly exhibit (#s 1 and 4 with cousins and Pops)
 These are actually 100s of sea lions at the tide pools.
 This is one of my very favorite pics from the entire vacation, #5 once again with Pops.
 #1 starting the "burying in the sand" activities that ended with all the boy cousins burying their legs in a circle.
 Fedoras are in!  #2 and cousin Porter.
 #3 enjoying our view from Sams Town the night we spent in Vegas before the reunion
 My sweet Grandpa Orien, who passed away the night after we returned to TX
 Grandma Hazel
 #4 LOVES babies
 #5 with Gram
 Mom messing with cousin Leland
 #2 had a sick day or two in the middle  :(
 We did all kinds of crafts and activities with the kids
 Including blanket sleds
 Croquet, trampoline, tree house campouts...
 #5 climbing in Valley of Fire
 #s 1 and 3 at the very top
 #3 also had a sick day--I think from dehydration at Valley of Fire
 So much swim time...it's a miracle Mike survived this one!
 Water balloon launcher--serious hit!
 Our target...PAPA!
 Mike and I got to go to the temple.
 Lake Mead slide, tubes, mud, food, SO MUCH FUN (#1 here)
 The whole fam-damily!
 Cousin Kim and her husband Kalani made an incredible luau dinner for us.  Never tasted something better than that guava cake!
Who extended Lamoreaux family joined us Thursday evening (here #5 is making friends with Reese)

3 comments:

Nan said...

You did some wonderful posts with pictures of the summer. So good to be with you all. Loves forever

Nan said...

Great posts with pictures. Great to see all of you and be with you this past month, too. Loves forever.

Nan said...

Apparently, I didn't realize that my comment had been posted, so I tried again. As I said, great posts..... :)