Thursday, April 26, 2012

July 2011

 July was swim lessons.  This is my nephew jumping in.  Mrs. Ruth is an amazing teacher!
#5 super hero kicks.  I asked him today if he wants to do swim lessons this year (since, yes, I am writing this almost a year after it happened).  He's a little nervous, which surprised me.  We did, however find CARS toys to dive for.  He now calls them his "sinker bobs" and feels quite happy about the swim lessons on the horizon.
 #2 came as a helper for the lessons.  He is diligent, patient, and great with kids.  He had a great time.
 This is one of my favorite of my kids' friends.  Katie is fun, enthusiastic, well-mannered, inclusive, giving, etc.  So of course I had to include her.  :)
Love our boots!!
 One of our favorite people joined us to celebrate #4's birthday.  Andee brought him several fun pieces of camping gear, and he was on cloud nine!!
 #5 celebrates his birthday with friends in June since it is actually so close to Christmas.  Each boy gets to help decorate his cake (or make an ice cream cake--they pick).  #5 wanted cars, so here is what we came up with.
#2 needed a project that would benefit our family as he completed his Family Life merit badge.  We went together to pick out the plants for our front yard, with him leading the effort.  Then we planted together.  We were thrilled with the result!

No comments: